Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our First Disappoimtment.....

Yesterday was one of those days that I dreamed about.  We got a email asking if we would like our profile to be shown to ASAP to a Birth mom who delivered a baby girl early yesterday morning.  Baby girl is 6lbs 12 oz and was born in Virginia. 

So the frantic effort began to get paperwork & profiles sent to them, but our agency didn't get the clearance paperwork to them in time and our profile wasn't shown.  There is a slight chance that it might be shown today but its slim. 

It makes me sad to think of this little girl in her clear bassinet with no one by her side.  It makes me sad to think of this birth mom with the stress of this decision.  I pray that she finds peace with her choice and that she found the right family to give her that peace. 

I'm disappointed but not discouraged.  This is the ups and down of adoption.  And I'm surprisingly (I'm surprised at myself) at peace with it.  I know that I am not in control and am perfectly content with that.  I know that this will not be our last disappointment, AND that God will hold us through the ups and downs until our baby is home and beyond. 

1 comment:

  1. ups and downs... and as much as you are prepared, it still is difficult. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete