Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Let it snow

We had a lot of snow today.   My first stay home snow day of the year.
Mason slept till 8am with Steve. So I started a fire and set off the smoke alarm all before 7am.  Your house gets smokey if you don't open the flume...just so you know.  
I made french Toast for breakfast and strawberry pound cake for dessert.  The boys played, watched movies, and challenged each other to a fierce match up of video game football.   Steve worked and I played cruise director for the 2 year old.
I didn't really get much accomplished (well a couple loads of laundry did find there way into washer but) it was just a day -until...
We found ourselves in a pick up game of monkey -in -the- middle using a whoopee cushion as a ball.  We had so much fun our cheeks hurt from laughing.   Every one was involved in one way or another:
Steve and I started as the "throwers"
Tyler played interference (didn't know that was a position in monkey-in -the -middle did you?)
Dylan was the "monkey"
And Mason "supported" the monkey by doing parlor tricks.  Mason has learned to somersault and this offered plenty of opportunity for Dylan to dodge and weave while trying to catch the "ball".  D will thank me later when he is as agile as a cat, its like spring training :0)
But what was truly the best was the organic way it came together and the fun we had doing "nothing".
Happy snow day!!
We stayed in our pj's all day!!

The dog kept stealing my heat from the fire.  She is awfully cute though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment